XTi 4002 Inboard Limiter Thresholds and Input Inquiry

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yeahuwrite

Yeahuwrite
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hello friends - I desire to use (2) 4002's in bridge mode, and protect the speakers with the XTi's inboard limiter at a threshold around 1800-2000 watts continuous. What is the corresponding coefficient within the menu for setting this limit?

Also, the manual states that both input channels must be fed, and then the signal is summed in bridge mode. Can I just feed one channel with signal, eg., channel one, and the bridge mode will still enact? Or, do I need a Y cable, as I am sending from stereo main outs and cannot merely run one side of the front of the house?

Thank you.

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

View PostYeahuwrite, on 17 June 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Hello friends - I desire to use (2) 4002's in bridge mode, and protect the speakers with the XTi's inboard limiter at a threshold around 1800-2000 watts continuous. What is the corresponding coefficient within the menu for setting this limit?

Also, the manual states that both input channels must be fed, and then the signal is summed in bridge mode. Can I just feed one channel with signal, eg., channel one, and the bridge mode will still enact? Or, do I need a Y cable, as I am sending from stereo main outs and cannot merely run one side of the front of the house?

Thank you.
If you use those amps for subs then I would strongly recommend you feed each amp both the L and R signals, then sum the signal using the BRIDGE preset, then rewire the amp side of the speakon connector or use the binding post connectors as the manual instructs on page 4.

The limiter in the XTI2 takes dBfs units when 0dBfs=2400W at your configuration (8 ohm bridged), so its a simple dB ratio formula:
10 X Log(P1/P2)=10XLog(2000/2400)= -0.80 dBfs
10 X Log(P1/P2)=10XLog(1800/2400)= -1.25 dBfs
These are the numbers you put into the DSP.