Bridging XTi 4002

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yeahuwrite

Yeahuwrite
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

I just purchased two XTi 4002's and desire to bridge each one to power a single EAW Fr153z (3-way, 8ohm, 500 w). The manual states that I have to send to both amp inputs and they are summed out of Channel one. Can I just send a SINGLE input to channel one input, and they will still be summed, or do I need to get a Y cable?

Secondly, is a standard, stock NL4 Speakon cable ALREADY configed to send this sum to the cabs, or do I need to rewire it?

Thank you

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(Yeahuwrite @ Jun 16 2012, 09:23 AM) View Post
I just purchased two XTi 4002's and desire to bridge each one to power a single EAW Fr153z (3-way, 8ohm, 500 w). The manual states that I have to send to both amp inputs and they are summed out of Channel one. Can I just send a SINGLE input to channel one input, and they will still be summed, or do I need to get a Y cable?

Secondly, is a standard, stock NL4 Speakon cable ALREADY configed to send this sum to the cabs, or do I need to rewire it?

Thank you

Your speakers are 500W continuous and 2000W peak, but when you bridge the 4002 you get 2400W, that's way too much continuous power for this speaker, will you use the built in limiter to protect them? an external limiter?

Yes, you need to rewire the amp side of the cable, for this and all the rest look at page 4, section"Factory Preset #2: BRIDGE" in the manual for detailed info about this.

#3 Yeahuwrite

Yeahuwrite
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Thank you, Dakos. I do expect to use the inboard limiter to protect the speakers. Do I still need to feed BOTH inputs to have them summed at ahannel one output?

QUOTE(dakos @ Jun 16 2012, 12:28 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Yeahuwrite @ Jun 16 2012, 09:23 AM) View Post

Thank you

Your speakers are 500W continuous and 2000W peak, but when you bridge the 4002 you get 2400W, that's way too much continuous power for this speaker, will you use the built in limiter to protect them? an external limiter?

Yes, you need to rewire the amp side of the cable, for this and all the rest look at page 4, section"Factory Preset #2: BRIDGE" in the manual for detailed info about this.

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

To the best of my knowledge you can feed only one channel.