filter settings in bridged mode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smiles

smiles
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

I am looking for advice on lpf & hpf settings on xls series. My set up is   xls2500, bridged (2) each connected to 1 or 2 HX118s subs (depending on room size)
                                                                                                        xls1500, bridged (2) each connected to 1 or 2 yamaha S115IV (same as above)
I run thru a drive rack PA+ and have current firmware loaded
My question is what freq I should use in bridged mode for the LPF and HPF to best protect the speakers?

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE(smiles @ Jun 12 2012, 08:33 PM) View Post
I am looking for advice on lpf & hpf settings on xls series. My set up is   xls2500, bridged (2) each connected to 1 or 2 HX118s subs (depending on room size)
                                                                                                        xls1500, bridged (2) each connected to 1 or 2 yamaha S115IV (same as above)
I run thru a drive rack PA+ and have current firmware loaded
My question is what freq I should use in bridged mode for the LPF and HPF to best protect the speakers?

I couldn't find the manual of the Harbinger, I just found a bunch of meaningless specs, so I would recommend to start with these settings:
HPF at 40hz, 18dB/octave, LPF at 98hz, 18dB/octave. That's for the subs.
For the Yamaha 15s, 105hz HPF at 18dB/octave. All L&R type filters.