xti 2000 for bass

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 khasier

khasier
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

hi, i read on some fourm that the xti series are not good on bass. can someone please give me their thought. because i purchased the crown xti 2000 amplifier and i will get it by july.

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(khasier @ Jun 11 2012, 06:08 PM) View Post
hi, i read on some fourm that the xti series are not good on bass. can someone please give me their thought. because i purchased the crown xti 2000 amplifier and i will get it by july.

It is the same for every tool in our toolbox, you have a few limitations and a few things that tool is extremly good at, you can't expect a budget amp to preform on sub duty, which is the most demanding amp duty there is, as good as amps costing 20 times more that were designed especially for that type of operation. That being said, the XTI series are just as reliable as those expensive amps even if put on subs.

Their limitations are that they shouldn't be bridged into 4 ohms or operated in stereo 2 ohms even though they are rated at those impedances. Is you use a bass maximizer of some sort then you might thermal the amp.

So if you do use it on subs, configure a HPF on the -3dB of your sub, using 18 dB/octave, connect it to the proper impedance, use 10 awg cables as short as possible, use longer signal cables if needed, and you'll be very happy.