Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

View PostFeliciano21, on 14 March 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

Is this an option on this amp?

Am I asking the wrong question?
I think you are cause I don't know what you mean...

Are you asking about preset files to load the XTI for the 415?

#3 Feliciano21

Feliciano21
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Thank you for the reply.  The below mentioned video from youtube talks about the JBL PRX415M's and the matching amp to use, the Crown XTi2 series amps that how the new amps come preloaded with the presets for this series speakers.  I can't get Crown to confirm that or anyone else for that matter.  I checked my XTi4002 and those presets are not loaded and they are not shown on HiQnet as an option to download into the AMP.

Does this help?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c09zYjGEjJA

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(Feliciano21 @ Mar 18 2012, 09:41 PM) View Post

Thank you for the reply.  The below mentioned video from youtube talks about the JBL PRX415M's and the matching amp to use, the Crown XTi2 series amps that how the new amps come preloaded with the presets for this series speakers.  I can't get Crown to confirm that or anyone else for that matter.  I checked my XTi4002 and those presets are not loaded and they are not shown on HiQnet as an option to download into the AMP.

Does this help?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c09zYjGEjJA

Yah, I see what you mean... So to help with the confusion, since all tuning files are supplied by JBL and NOT by Crown, the amps don't come preloaded with the setting for each speaker. BUT... the confusion might be because people sometimes see Crown amps and System Architect as one product and may be they are correct, it all depends on their point of view. Using System Architect (it's free) you can download speaker tunings directly to the amp and then choose those settings for the amp to work with. I'm not sure the tunings are available yet since these speakers still new.

#5 Feliciano21

Feliciano21
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Yah, I see what you mean... So to help with the confusion, since all tuning files are supplied by JBL and NOT by Crown, the amps don't come preloaded with the setting for each speaker. BUT... the confusion might be because people sometimes see Crown amps and System Architect as one product and may be they are correct, it all depends on their point of view. Using System Architect (it's free) you can download speaker tunings directly to the amp and then choose those settings for the amp to work with. I'm not sure the tunings are available yet since these speakers still new.

I really appreciate you actually taking the time to explain this to me.  I believe you are correct, they are new and the preset probably is not available until they start shipping.  

Thanks again.

#6 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hello,
The tuning files are available now using this link:
http://www.crownaudi...i-2-series.html
Avi