Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the latency in Itech, MAi and Xti?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 metalteacher

metalteacher
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

I'm currently busy at buying a new amp, MAi is the best for my applications, i already have one MA5000i. However they are hard to find second handed. The Itech's are better to find, so now I'm thinking of buying a Itech4000. But I wondered, is there any difference in latency between those two amps? I want to use the Itech for tops and the MA5000i for subs. So latency is an issue. The Itech has DSP and the MAi not, so there's a difference. Both amps will be used however without any settings. They have both superior power for me, and I will never need so much power. Just need a stable amp!! ;o)

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

View Postmetalteacher, on 10 March 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

I'm currently busy at buying a new amp, MAi is the best for my applications, i already have one MA5000i. However they are hard to find second handed. The Itech's are better to find, so now I'm thinking of buying a Itech4000. But I wondered, is there any difference in latency between those two amps? I want to use the Itech for tops and the MA5000i for subs. So latency is an issue. The Itech has DSP and the MAi not, so there's a difference. Both amps will be used however without any settings. They have both superior power for me, and I will never need so much power. Just need a stable amp!! ;o)
i-Tech = 1.13ms
i-Tech HD =  1.16 mS at 48 kHz, 529 mS at 96 kHz
XTI - couldn't find that data

#3 metalteacher

metalteacher
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

View Postdakos, on 10 March 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

i-Tech = 1.13ms
i-Tech HD =  1.16 mS at 48 kHz, 529 ?S at 96 kHz

And the MAi?

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

View Postmetalteacher, on 13 March 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

View Postdakos, on 10 March 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

i-Tech = 1.13ms
i-Tech HD =  1.16 mS at 48 kHz, 529 ?S at 96 kHz

And the MAi?
I don't know, better contact the costumer service directly. Don't forget to let us know :)

#5 metalteacher

metalteacher
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Is it possible to bypass the DSP of the Itech and doing so go without the latency?

#6 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

Unfortunately no, why would such a small latency be problematic for you?

#7 metalteacher

metalteacher
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

i understand that the original 1ms latency is the same as 0,5metre. i want to use them for monitoring, or as a reserve amp if one of my macrotech i's have a problem. 0,5 metre is a lot i think. i work mainly in small stages with less than 200 visitors

#8 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

There is a 1mS latency difference between the two models and yes that amounts to about 0.5 meter depending on the crossover frequency. You can either upgrade the rest of the amps (one more?) to the more modern gear while they still have good resale value or get one more of the good old Macro Techs.
Avi

#9 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

1mS? You won't hear any phase issues with 1.5 feet (0.5m)!

Alain