• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 starstreams

starstreams
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hi,
I have the XTi2 1002 amp, the amp sounds great.  However The software is intermittent and the log shows all kind of missing files in C:\Program Files\Harman Pro\Band Manager 2.0
Today I got an error in windows saying that "a device on USB port6 is exceeded the power limits (which happens to be the port the amp is on) and said that I should unplug the device".
I've never gotten this error in windows before. Is this unit going to burn out my USB port? The USB port is not on a hub but directly connected to a powered USB 2.0 port on the motherboard.

screenshot of log window below
www.pyramid-of-wisdom.com/xti2_errors.jpg

I've been a computer builder for over 15 years and can tell you my system seems to be running 99% rock solid, all my USB devices work great and this is a clean install of XP pro SPk3 ..not even a month old.
Another annoying issue is, when I start the BandManager2.00.0.0-R1 from the desktop icon it takes 20 seconds or longer to find the Amp, but other times it can't find it. So I have to reboot the XTi2 Amp and then it works. Today my Master EQ section was black, no graph so I rebooted windows and it came back. I've reinstalled the software twice now. What is going on with all these missing files in the log? Why are there files missing from a clean install? I've also disabled my AV software during the install to prevent any conflicts.

-- Computer --

Motherboard: GIGABYTE  Socket 775 - GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6)
Memory: 4 GB Corsair XMS
Sound: M-audio Delta66
Video: nVidia-GTX-260
PSU: Antec-750 TruePower
Hard Drives: 4 SATA 7200
Mouse/Keyboard: PS2