• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jzzen

Jzzen
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hi there.

I've managed to get Itech 8000 amp working with System Architect on my older laptop, after a friend advised me what settings to change.
The problem is, I'm trying to use another laptop instead and at first I had "low or no connectivity" showing in winxp which I tried to repair unsuccessfully, and amp wouldnt show up in System Architect.

I have messed around with laptop connection IP address after looking at "System Architect Communication Troubleshooting Steps for Ethernet Devices" document on this forum, and now System Architect shows my amp.
I can open amp in System Architect and mute, link etc but if I try to open one of the modules like limite, System Architect and laptop freezes and I have to reboot.

I suspect it's the ip address I've used that maybe causing the problem.
Please help me get this laptop working.

Thanks in advance

#2 AudioGuy67

AudioGuy67
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Try down loading "Net Setter" as a stand alone program or as part of "Audio Architect" (similar to Sys Arch, but has more bells and whistles) and you should be able to see things like the IP address, firmware version, etc... It will also show you if you are having any IP conflicts... Also, you can try the older IQwic software which has a TCP/IQ utility and it will show you the IP and subnet mask addresses... You will be able to see if the subnet matches etc...

Antother thing to consider is that if you are not using a router or switch to connect to the amp, you will need a "crossover cable" to get it to communicate properly...