Crown DSi 1000 & Crown DSi 2000

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VSK

VSK
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Have a Crown Dsi 2000, which is having power problems, the main power does not light up, only the display is dim without any boot up displays, checked the board, found that the diode was shorted, and a P-channel MOS shorted (BSP315)..could some one help with the schematic of DSi2000 as well as DS1 1000 (same problems).....

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

VSK, Since you have the amp open, remove the display board and power up: the heartbeat LED should light up and boot process should continue and complete. If the heartbeat LED doesn't light up, you have a problem in the SMPS section. Get it verified at an authorized Crown service center. Good luck!

#3 VSK

VSK
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

View Postjoust, on 15 May 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

VSK, Since you have the amp open, remove the display board and power up: the heartbeat LED should light up and boot process should continue and complete. If the heartbeat LED doesn't light up, you have a problem in the SMPS section. Get it verified at an authorized Crown service center. Good luck!

Yes tried that too... the heartbeat doesnt work.... RT3 gets heated up... can you please tell me whats other problems?

Regards

#4 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Most probably you have an SMPS (sample mode power supply) issue. It probably is either a small bypass cap (.1uF, SMT) or the 220uF bootstrap cap. Get it verified and corrected at an authorized Crown service center.

Alain

#5 VSK

VSK
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postjoust, on 19 November 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

Most probably you have an SMPS (sample mode power supply) issue. It probably is either a small bypass cap (.1uF, SMT) or the 220uF bootstrap cap. Get it verified and corrected at an authorized Crown service center.

Alain

Dear Alain,

Can you let me know the component label of the above caps, as I have a schemaic with me.... also have all jigs with me since i am doing other services also, i checked out but no +30v control is generated have changed teh caps.... please advice....

regards
karkera

#6 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Dear Karkera, I have seen shorted caps on the low voltage supply of the SMPS. Caps such as C201, C186 ( pos. rail bypass caps) have been discovered short. Then there is the Bootstrap cap, C196 that has been troublesome in the past. I would remove these caps and measure them. If out of spec then replace it.

Hope this helps!

Alain