#16 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi

I don't understand what you are doing, why use the y-link on MAi in the first place??
I will wait for your reply.

Thanks

#17 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

@McTwins
I know that for the XTI and XLS family, in "Input Y" mode the only volume knob that works is channel one's knob, the MAi's manual doesn't specifically state how the amp acts. Do you own such an amp? have you tried it?
This "knob" issue is of the lowest significance...

For this application (summed subs signals) it doesn't matter if you use Y Mode or stereo (actually dual mono but stereo on the amp configuration), just one less XLR cable in Y Mode, no biggie.

@GALLININ
Looking forward to hearing your results...

#18 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(dakos @ Jan 28 2012, 04:01 PM) View Post
@McTwins
I know that for the XTI and XLS family, the only volume knob that works is channel one's knob, the MAi's manual doesn't specifically state how the amp acts. Do you own such an amp? have you tried it?
This "knob" issue is of the lowest significance...

For this application (summed subs signals) it doesn't matter if you use Y Mode or stereo (actually dual mono but stereo on the amp configuration), just one less XLR cable in Y Mode, no biggie.

@GALLININ
Looking forward to hearing your results...

YES I have the MAi5000 and dbx260. I dont understand why OP have to use both output 5 and 6 from 260 in mono and use 2 cables to the amp and run it in stereo??? There is a feature in MAi called Y-link, just use it.

Thanks