CE 1000 Pwr supply

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PUD

PUD
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

I have been reading up in this site for every bit of info on the CE1000 amps.
I have pulled and replaced suspect Caps and tested all the semiconductors.

Amp will cycle on with no spkr  hook up

8 ohms spkr  and it will go into fault

I am getting the 15 +/-
And the 24 vdc

BUT

only 74 VDC  +/- at all test points indicated on the main PC board
The Schematic says  87 VDC+/-

The Bootstrap and the Thermo protect

One thing here  About  the pwr transformer I read this!!!

The device in the transformer is a 100 degree C thermal switch and is one three heat sensors built into the amp that can trigger the fault circuit.

The CE2000 transformer is a proprietary transformer and design information is confidential. However I can say that there is three power supplies the Low Voltage +/- 15v Supply, the Bootstrap supply and the High voltage Vcc+/Vcc- (+/-85v for the CE1000 and +/-98v for the CE2000.

This is a simple transformer thats built for Crown, this should not be a secret, the power supply is key to any repair

Is there anyone here that has an Idea about the 74vdc! thats low for this schematic.

And any schematic for the transformer!!?????

Thanks
PUD

#2 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Check out the hi-voltage bias cap C1 (10uF 250V). You should have 10 volts on the Zener diode D8 and it should be 10V higher than the positive rail voltage. If you still don't have the 10V verifiy the 1k ballast resistor circuit.

#3 PUD

PUD
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(joust @ Jan 23 2012, 10:18 AM) View Post
Check out the hi-voltage bias cap C1 (10uF 250V). You should have 10 volts on the Zener diode D8 and it should be 10V higher than the positive rail voltage. If you still don't have the 10V verifiy the 1k ballast resistor circuit.

Thanks J
This ones been kicking my *beep* for a while,
I dont have a lot of time these days but usually I nail these right away.

Will ck the ballast this AM
Will post right away

PUD

Rev:

Just tested the zener has 85v on both sides measuring from ground to the diode

You should have 10 volts on the Zener diode D8 and it should be 10V higher than the positive rail voltage

10 volts higher that the rail??

confused on that.
PUD

#4 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

Pud, As mentionned, you should have 10V on this Zener. You also mention that you have 85V on both sides of the Zener. First of all, the 85V reading on the anode side of the Zener is close to the positive rail voltage. SInce you don't have the required 95V at the cathode end of the Zener, then either the ballast resistors have fallen off, leads broken, etc..., or the C1 cap is open. I'm opting for the cap (10UF/250V).