XLS drivecore

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 torres

torres
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

i'm new to pro audio i'v been getting the hang of it though terms and what not but what do you mean having the gain wide open? i would imagine having it all up? i have the xls 1500 but it'll clip though cause i have the clip option deactivated

#17 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE(torres @ Feb 13 2012, 10:48 PM) View Post
i'm new to pro audio i'v been getting the hang of it though terms and what not but what do you mean having the gain wide open? i would imagine having it all up? i have the xls 1500 but it'll clip though cause i have the clip option deactivated
Dear torres,
I'm guessing that by "clip option" you mean the built in limiters?

Your system is clipping not because you have an option or a switch enabled or disabled, it's clipping because you're operating it the wrong way!!! It's NEVER the systems fault!!!

Now please write to us your whole system configuration...

#18 Deromax

Deromax

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

If you have the limiter ON, the red clip lights are indicating that limiting is going on (when lit), but it's not actually clipping.  In either case, you are bumbing against the maximum available power in the amp, which means you should have got a more powerful amp.  If it's flashing red only occasionnally and briefely, then all is well.  If it lights up like every other notes you play, then the amp is too weak for your application.

Wide open = maximum setting.  There is no harm running a power amp at maximum.  Some models don't even have volume knob on them, so they are basically always at max by default.