3 replies to this topic

#1 fantom

fantom

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hi I was wondering what settings everyone is using as far as xover points on the Jbl Srx 728 and 725.

I am using one xti4000 on each speaker so I guess technically I'm using low pass and highpass filters not the xover feature.

Along with this Jbl's Files for band manager only have xover features for scenarios where one speaker is on each side of the amp.

So again I'm asking for what slope and frequency to set my low and highpass for each speaker.

Or maybe someone can direct me to where the information is published or how to calculate this with information that is published(ex. Speaker freq charts etc.).

Thank you.

Anthony

#2 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

fantom, on 09 January 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Hi I was wondering what settings everyone is using as far as xover points on the Jbl Srx 728 and 725.

I am using one xti4000 on each speaker so I guess technically I'm using low pass and highpass filters not the xover feature.

Along with this Jbl's Files for band manager only have xover features for scenarios where one speaker is on each side of the amp.

So again I'm asking for what slope and frequency to set my low and highpass for each speaker.

Or maybe someone can direct me to where the information is published or how to calculate this with information that is published(ex. Speaker freq charts etc.).

Thank you.

Anthony
Hey there fantom,
Assuming you're only BiAmping, the majority of users I have seen use 92-100Hz HP on the 725 and 88-95Hz on the 728 and also run a HP filter on the 728 at 30-35Hz L\R 24dB.
DriveRack tunings for this combo are 90Hz and up for the tops, 80Hz - 31.5Hz for the sub with a 1.7dB gain, all L\R 24dB.
I would start at 100Hz HP for the 725's and LP at 95Hz for the 728's with that 1.7dB gain for the sub.

Which amp you use on the 728?

#3 fantom

fantom

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

I am using an xti 4000 in bridge mono for each cab both subs and tops. I know a little under powered for the 728s but that's what my budget allowed at the time.

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

fantom, on 10 January 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

I am using an xti 4000 in bridge mono for each cab both subs and tops. I know a little under powered for the 728s but that's what my budget allowed at the time.
There are a few theories as to why this amp is not good for sub duty such as 20% less then the rated power output at the lower frequencies, not enough headroom built in the amp, so a switch to i-Techs would give you loads of good sound, I'm not sure how much is the difference between your four XTI's and a couple of used i-Techs, no more then a few hundreds...