• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pamu

pamu
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

Dear Sir,
i am dealing in sound system components in town called Amravati in central India, i had purchased 4 crown XLS 5000 amplifier from dealer in Chennai, i sold those amplifier to two different customers, around one year has passed, meanwhile both customers started using amplifiers on outdoor locations for rental services,after few rental programmes, one day a complaint came from my first customer that the amplifier failed and showing transformer primary short circuit symptoms , within a month another customer also complained about tripping of circuit breaker,after testing amp. in my workshop i found primary of toridal power transformer short circuited , in addition to this damage ,the output speakers were blown, now both amplifiers are laying in my workshop ,please guide me what should i do for repairs of these amplifiers, and why transformer short circuited? and why output speakers blown ?
when i spoke to my friends all over India everybody told me that this failure in power transformer is  happening everywhere with this XLS 5000 model,if this is true,is this a defect of design ?
please  reply and guide !
regards,
Pamu patwardhan