Micro-Tech 1200LX Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beggersrun

beggersrun
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

Greetings, everyone. Newbie here. Please be gentle :-)

I inherited an old Crown Micro-Tech 1200LX about a year ago and it has worked great until tonight. The right channel is gone. The green LED for the right channel does not go out after power-up. It stays on steady, even without a signal to it. The left channel works as expected. I've tried to find a user manuals PDF, to no avail.

I've tried searching, but come up with too many results to weed through. Would someone please tell me what this means, or please point me to where this has already been discussed?

Thank you!

- Dale

#2 kevvywevvywoo

kevvywevvywoo

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

The green light is a dual purpose light; as well as indicating signal it also indicates it is in protect. It just means it has detected an internal fault somewhere. Time to get it apart!

#3 beggersrun

beggersrun
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying to your reply. This sounds like something I might be able to fix (reset?) on my own, and I do know how to use a phillips screwdriver. Could it possibly be a blown fuse and/or tripped circuit breaker?

Thank you for your reply!

- Dale

#4 kevvywevvywoo

kevvywevvywoo

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

More likely output transistors.
Pop the lid off, discharge the capacitors and then check the transistors with your meter. If you have a good channel then that will serve as a comparison.