#1 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hey Kevin,
Is it possible for you to look up this amp in your records, it's up for sale and I'd like to know the history of this amp.

I hope this picture contains the relevant info

Thank you

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

Our wonderful corporate firewall proxy is blocking the picture.  Can you please transcribe the serial number and any other relevant info?

#3 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Oct 24 2011, 02:28 PM) View Post
Our wonderful corporate firewall proxy is blocking the picture.  Can you please transcribe the serial number and any other relevant info?

Sorry, didn't know...

I-tech 8000, I think it's the serial number: 8001256921

What say you?

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:59 AM

Originally invoiced to Guitar Center in 2006; bought in 2007 by IRC Audio in Indianapolis; never serviced under warranty.

#5 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Oct 25 2011, 07:59 AM) View Post
Originally invoiced to Guitar Center in 2006; bought in 2007 by IRC Audio in Indianapolis; never serviced under warranty.

Is it still under warranty?
Were there allot of updates to this unit? in other words, would I need to send it to be serviced the minute I buy it?

#6 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

No updates were done to it -- but this does not mean that 100% you need to get it serviced.  The majority of these amps never need anything, believe it or not.  However, to be on the safe side, most owners choose to get them updated.

It is not under warranty.

#7 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Dear Kevin,
This is what the guy insists is the amps history, and I quote "Just got off the phone with crown..I now have written copy of history of this amp from crown..
amp was sold to GC june 23 06, registered warranty to them as dealer, 3 years, now expired.
amp was sent to IRC, an authorized crown service center, for REPAIR, aug 5, 2007.
Parts replaced/used were in fact, 2 flex RIBBON CABLES per crown campaign.
unit was returned to GC."

I asked him to upload the written history which he still didn't.

What could account for the difference?

I'm only asking because IRC Audio is an audio rental place as well, I wouldn't like to pay premium $$$ for a rental amp that's been to *beep* and back... I know these amps are built to last but still.

#8 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

I would say the difference is in how well the Crown person is able to navigate our SAP system.  In my case, I suck at it.  I can usually get the basics but someone in customer service (Kelly or Priscilla) would be best at coaxing out all the finer details.  I didn't see any record of work done at IRC, but it could be hiding from me.