Methods of operating multiple amps through wireless?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RyanFencl

RyanFencl
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:30 AM

Hey guys,
    I've currently made 2 racks consisting of an xti4000-Itech6000-Itech6000-Itech6000. After spending a great deal of time creating my venues populated with the two racks, and figuring out the networking issues; i'm on to the next step. My goal is to link all 8 amps into one server and thus be controlled live through my tablet laptop making it that much easier to adjust the amps and internal crossovers from FOH. Here is the plan so far.... Im going to get a rack mounted wireless unit (any suggestions on brand/model?) and physically cable one rack into it. For the second rack on the other side the same thing. I believe its the HiQ server that will act as the DCHP and the wireless units will connect through that. System Arch V2 will detect all units and presto???? If its as easy as that (which it cant be) let me know. If there are some vets out there who have done this successfully with satisfactory results, please leave your knowledgeable feedback.

Thanks for helping a show go!
        Ryan Fencl
        Pro Sound Audio
        www.prosoundaudionw.com
        ryanfencl@yahoo.com

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

Only one hitch in the plan:  the XTi will probably need a separate USB wireless hub -- we recommend USB Anywhere.  You may be able to find a Wi-Fi unit that will support USB, but we don't know of one that will work successfully with the XTi.  

The other units can use a simple network switch and a standard Wi-Fi link.

As far as DHCP, it may work as easy as you say, but using static addressing is what most people do. Here is a forum topic that might be helpful:
http://www.crownaudio.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3828

In any case, we're here to help you set it up.