35 replies to this topic

#16 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

Anyone had a chance to look into this malfunction yet?   Why would the amps see back EMF as a short?  And why would they respond by un-muting?  And why does BandManager not see the action?  Is there perhaps a firmware fix for it?  Pretty annoying when I'm trying to write presets for multi-way systems and speakers come on by themselves.  I would like to be able to mute sections and get measurements one pass band at a time.   I know my other outboard processors don't do this.  TIA for any info.    biggrin.gif

#17 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Well it's been a long while now - has anyone at Crown come up with a fix to this XTi / BandManager problem?

#18 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

View Postozob, on 15 June 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Well it's been a long while now - has anyone at Crown come up with a fix to this XTi / BandManager problem?
Hello,
I have no idea what's the status of this bug... Just didn't want to let this one go unattended.
Avi

#19 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

If a power amp fails in the forest........................?

#20 Avi Goldberg

Avi Goldberg
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

Clarification please...

#21 rodr@fse_Crown

rodr@fse_Crown
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

We are in the process of validating the proposed firmware fix for this issue prior to release.  Sorry for the delay, however it was not as completely simple as it appears.  Hang in there and keep bugging us :) but hopefully in 1-3 more months we will release new firmware.   Thank you for your help and understanding

#22 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

View Postrodr@fse_Crown, on 11 July 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

We are in the process of validating the proposed firmware fix for this issue prior to release.  Sorry for the delay, however it was not as completely simple as it appears.  Hang in there and keep bugging us :) but hopefully in 1-3 more months we will release new firmware.   Thank you for your help and understanding

Cool.  Thanks.  I'll wait some more and see how it goes.

#23 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostAvi Goldberg, on 10 July 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

Clarification please...

If it's my post about the amp and the forrest you are asking for clarification on.................just my attempt at humor...........nevermind.

Otherwise read the whole thread.  I had a question about 9 months ago about a bug fix for the Xti firmware - something that shows up in a certain limited circumstance.

#24 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

Sorry, I didn't get it :)

I've read your thread a couple of times in the past, if I were working at Harmen developing SA or managing the development, I would keep the support forum or some way for user feedback other then calling the tech support much more alive then it is right now, in my point of view the forum is one of the places you can grab the most unsatisfied customers, no matter the reason, and with relatively small effort give those customers the little attention they need to turn things around.

#25 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hello - it's been awhile again so i'll "bug" you some more.  Any info on this one yet?  ETA on new firmware?

#26 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

View Postozob, on 17 October 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hello - it's been awhile again so i'll "bug" you some more.  Any info on this one yet?  ETA on new firmware?

so.......................any progress?

#27 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

View Postozob, on 05 December 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

View Postozob, on 17 October 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

so.......................any progress?

ok then...........over a year now.........wow time sure flys by

........and no solution / firmware fix / update to address this bug ???

Hard to believe that of the many thousands of XTi and XTi2 users out there that I am the one and only user who finds this malfunction to be a major PITA!...........but there you have it.

Crown must have a pretty good teflon jacket.  I even posted this bug/defect on some "professional" audio forums and was met with resounding disinterest or deafening silence.  Other products have been roasted for far less an issue.

Don't worry, I won't let the door hit my backside on my way out.  So long and thanks for all the fish!

#28 ozob

ozob

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

bump

#29 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hello ozob,

I haven't heard if Crown has corrected this problem, thugh I did ask around.
Kip suggests that you update the current firmware and try out the system again.
Please report back once you've done your tests! Very intriguing, to say the least!

Peace.

Alain

#30 joust

joust

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Also, did you try it with the new Band Manager 2 app?

Alain