#1 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

Dear Kevin,
I couldn't find in your web site what's the resolution (bits per max sampling rate) of the DSP on the XTI, XTI2, i-tech, i-tech HD, so is it possible to find out?

Also, in the case that I'm using an external processor such as DRXX, is it possible to turn the DSP off so the sound would go directly into the amp section without any in amp processing?

One more thing, I went to a store yesterday and the sales person insisted that the XTI 4002 is a good mach for the SRX728s, he is using the continuous wattage spec and said that the 728 is 1600W and the 4002 has 3200W... perfect. He used the wrong watts for the calculation? he should have used the 3200W program power?
My speakers specs say they are "450 watts continuous program power (unclipped and unprocessed music power)", is that continuous wattage or program wattage?
Thank you

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

The processing is 32-bit and converters are 24-bit.

There isn't a way to defeat the DSP or converters -- the CTs and MAi amps have no DSP in the signal path, however.

Yes, the SRX want 3200W from the amp.  The 4002 can deliver, but that is asking a lot from it.

I would guess your speaker spec is what we term as program power, as opposed to continuous.

#3 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Oct 5 2011, 09:56 AM) View Post
The processing is 32-bit and converters are 24-bit.

There isn't a way to defeat the DSP or converters -- the CTs and MAi amps have no DSP in the signal path, however.

Yes, the SRX want 3200W from the amp.  The 4002 can deliver, but that is asking a lot from it.

I would guess your speaker spec is what we term as program power, as opposed to continuous.

To the best of my knowledge the 4002 is a bit overpower for these CV's, so what kind of limiting would you recommend I put in the amp for connecting only two speakers in stereo and for connecting all four?
Doe's the limiting change for full range operation Vs' tops operation?

Would you know the sampling rate for the DSP in those amps (XTI, XTI2, i-tech, i-tech HD)?

#4 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

Hi Kevin,
I found on one of the manuals that the i-tech's have a sampling rate of 96khz, didn't find the spec for the XTI/XTI2, would you know?
How about those limiter settings for these CV's?

#5 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

The XTi/XTi2 sampling rate is 48kHz.

Limiters should be set at or slightly above the speaker's RMS rating.  

To calculate the necessary limiter value, use this formula:  V=SQRT(Wrms * R)

R is the ohms rating and Wrms is the RMS power rating of ONE of your speakers (i.e., if you have more than one connected to a channel).  Multiply R times RMS power rating and take the square root, and use this as the limiter value in voltage.

For example if you are using a 4002 to drive four 8-ohm speakers rated at 250Wrms each:

V=SQRT(250 * 8) = SQRT(2000) = 44.7 volts