k2 bridged

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bassline2

bassline2
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

hello im running my k2 bridged  . will the 3000 damping factor double or will it be half . and are the pots easy to replace thank you

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

Damping factor is load impedance divided by output impedance.  Since only one stage at any given time is actually conducting, the damping factor won't be changed in bridge mode.

Replacing the pots isn't too difficult.  The faceplate needs to be backed out in order to get to the pots.

#3 Deromax

Deromax

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Sep 26 2011, 11:08 AM) View Post
Damping factor is load impedance divided by output impedance.  Since only one stage at any given time is actually conducting, the damping factor won't be changed in bridge mode.

Replacing the pots isn't too difficult.  The faceplate needs to be backed out in order to get to the pots.

I'd object to that Kevin!   unsure.gif  In a bridged amp, both channels output circuits are placed in serie with the load (which become floating instead of grounded) and conducts simultaneously but in opposing polarity.  Hence, the Zout is twice that of one channel and the subsequent damping factor is halved, for a similar load.

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:23 AM

Hmmm, I was picturing it like a Class B stage where only one device is conducting at a time.  You're probably more correct.

Personally I think damping factor is a wash at anything in the 3 digit range or above.

#5 bassline2

bassline2
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

right so its half the damping factor when its bridged mate