Mac USB Communication

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arlen

Arlen
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

Trying to use System Architect (3.0) in a VMWare VM session (of Windows XP) on my Mac.  The software works, however I can not communicate to the Crown CDi1000 amplifier that I intend to work with.  Of note is that it is seen on the Mac side (list of USB connections) but never by the VM--the option that should come up of connecting to "Mac" or "Windows" never pops us.

I compared the setup on my older Windows-based notebook, and I can communicate with the amplifier properly on that.

Has anyone had success using this type of setup, or have any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Arlen

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

Here are a couple files authored by Mac users. No idea if they will help -- we recommend Boot Camp for Macs.

Attached Files

#3 Arlen

Arlen
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

Actually they did help, or would have helped.  I seem to have stumbled across the info on the VMX file on my own and got it working.  I logged onto the Forums to try and comment to my own message.  All I can say is that these hints do work.

Not sure how up-to-date the info on Parallels not working is, as they've come up with several version updates since the era when they did not support USB HID.

One thing, strange, was that I did get a few COM port errors (COM1 in Use) on the Windows (VM) while trying to tie into the Crown amp.   But now these errors seem to have gone away completely now, and System Architect is behaving itself and communicating to the amplifier.

Arlen

#4 brucethebear

brucethebear
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(Arlen @ Sep 22 2011, 04:58 AM)  
Actually they did help, or would have helped.  I seem to have stumbled across the info on the VMX file on my own and got it working.  I logged onto the Forums to try and comment to my own message.  All I can say is that these hints do work.

Not sure how up-to-date the info on Parallels not working is, as they've come up with several version updates since the era when they did not support USB HID.

One thing, strange, was that I did get a few COM port errors (COM1 in Use) on the Windows (VM) while trying to tie into the Crown amp.   But now these errors seem to have gone away completely now, and System Architect is behaving itself and communicating to the amplifier.

Arlen

I have had similar issues.
Macbook pro running the latest release of VMware fusion on Snow Leopard (have also tried another brand new MBP running Lion.)
Both running 3.01 version of Hi-Qnet.
Both running XP Pro with SP3 and 3.5netframework.

Neither will detect a crown XTI4002. (The amp connects ok to a PC.)
I have tried the usb hid setting in the VM config file, but no change.

Any other suggestions?

Matt

#5 David de Waard

David de Waard
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Hey I'm also running System Architect 3.0 on a Mackbook in VM ware/Windows XP

To connect A I-tech of other Hiqnet device thru ethernet, you have to make a ethernet bridge between OSX and VMware.
just follow the netx steps and it will work:

- open VM ware
- Click on virtual machine
- click on network adaptor
- put it on bridged
now WM ware indows wil havve a own "virtual" network adaptor
- start windows
- make sure your Hiqnet device and your windows network adaptor are in the same IP en subnetmask range!

how to connect A XTI under VM ware:
start VM ware/ windows  than hookup your USB cable end now VM Ware will ask to conect it to mac or windows   choose windows