#1 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

Hi Everybody!
Just want to share some picture of my listening room JBL Cinema screen array with additional subs, Crown MAi5000 and McIntosh stuff with dbx260. Now I am happy and the sound is great. It can't be better than this. smile.gif

Enjoy!!

Thanks

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:30 AM

Unfortunately our firewall blocks peer-sharing photo sites like Flickr or Photobucket.  Hope everyone else can see these, though!

#3 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

Hope this link will help. Look at page three post nr 43.

Lansing Heritage

Thanks

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

Holy crap, that's one kick-arse man-cave you got there.  I couldn't spot the MAi but it looks, and I'm sure sounds, gorgeous.

#5 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

Thanks Kevin

The sound is so good biggrin.gif . I am more than satisfied. Room treatment together with the system makes it all good.

Thanks

#6 dbl26

dbl26
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

Wow, that is beautiful! So the screen is behind you when you took this picture? Is this your home theatre? I know this is.an amp forum, but with.a room that beautiful, can you show us the screen as well? Thanks. Very nice.

#7 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

Hi

Thanks. I dont use it as an HT just for music. So there is no screen.
Maybe it will be in the future because I've been thinking about it.

But it is very simple to do, just an screen and a projector is all that is needed..... smile.gif

Thanks

#8 dbl26

dbl26
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hhmmmmm. Dear sir, I really don't know how to ask this question without violating your privacy, but now I am reallllly curious.........I understand that you like music obviously, but what application is an incredible room like that being used for? Is it a testing room of some sort? Is this for work or your private entertainment? I hope that I'm not being too nosy, I just don't have a clue of what a room like that would be used for, it couldn't be just to listen to your favorite cd! Is it a recording studio? Thank you for sharing......

#9 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:19 AM

Hi

This is my private listening room. This is used when enyoing music from ordinary CD:s and LP:s.
Nothing strange about that.

If one have a room like this one will hear music that is not affected by the room. It is all about room acoustics. You can use a room like this to whatever the reason it may be. If one dosen't take the room acoustics into calculation then one is missing an important factor. That's how I see it.  

Thanks

#10 dbl26

dbl26
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Wow! Well, if I were able, I would do the same thing. I think however, I would also make it my studio room and theater room too, but maybe the objects being in the room .......like theater seats, or music equipment might take away from the true sound you get from just the room? Well anyhow, if I had one cd to listen to in a room like that, it would be the three tenors live! Do you sit in The middle of the room for the best sound? Was there a "sweet" spot in mind when the room was designed? What equivelency are those crown amps equal to...... In other words, would they be something used for a concert at a huge event like a ampitheater or something like that? I am asking because I am just amazed at the incredible room you have for home, and I am interested in knowing about the amps you have to push such a theater, or "listening room." I don't know you, but I  am happy for you that you can have such a nice room like that to enjoy music. Thanks.

#11 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

Hi dbl26

and thanks for your kind words.

To try to answer a couple of your questions.

Like I said, it is up to anyone to use such a room like this to whatever they whant. Studio, listening, home theater an so on. I choose to use it as a listening room. The big point is that the room is not adding something extra to my listening experience. The room itself is very forgiven in term where a sit, but preferebely the sweet spot is where I sit. I tried to make the room not only for my sweet spot when designed, but rather to make the whole room as good as possible.

Room acoustics is one of the main and great factor when coming to enyoing music. One gain a lot by treating a room. Like I use to say, let the system play and not the room. smile.gif

The Crowns is used for touring and big events, but my choosing of the amps was to have the right power to the subs and not consume lots of power draw from my AC outlets. The Crowns I-tech was the only amps that had this technology compared to other brands. One plus was that they allready was in the same spheare as the JBL:s.

This system together with this room is a great combination. I have listening to much moore expensive high-end system out there, but they don't keep upp with this system, but that's my opinion. biggrin.gif

Thanks