5 replies to this topic

#1 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

This is the second gig in a row where after about 2 hours of playing and everything fine all of a sudden both channel outputs start clipping like crazy. There is no audible clipping but SA and the amp show clipping, going right from the signal led to the clip led skipping -20 and -10 db leds on the amp. Any thoughts?

System itech 6000

Channel 1: 2 srx 712's rms limiter set at 500w peak limiter set at 110v Hp filter set at 90Hz

Channel 2 : 2 srx 718's rms limtier set at 1000w peak limiter set at 120v HP filter set at 31Hz

Voltage reading was between 117v and 118v

#2 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

The Itech died tonight at the show. Thank god I had my backup. It is still under warranty so I will be sending it back soon.

#3 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

This morning I decided to plug the amp in to see if there was life. It powered up, screen came on with my preset and the fan started to run high speed with no load. At this point I am scratching my head.

Anyone out there?

#4 A-tZ

A-tZ

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

I have an itech that did the same as this, I sent it off to crown for repair and it came back just as broken,cost me 500 dollars in postage so I bought another itech instead which has worked fine for years.
Would love to know what is causing this issue though

#5 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE(A-tZ @ Aug 21 2011, 07:08 PM) View Post
I have an itech that did the same as this, I sent it off to crown for repair and it came back just as broken,cost me 500 dollars in postage so I bought another itech instead which has worked fine for years.
Would love to know what is causing this issue though

Why didn't they fix it? To spend that amount of money twice on a product and not have it work properly is crazy!

#6 A-tZ

A-tZ

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

i sent it in they replaced both ntc's and sent it back as passed there tests, but was still broken when i got it back with the same fault probably in there tests they dont run them very long as this fault would kick in sometime in when in use, sometimes 1hr sometimes 10hrs