speakon cables

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jscramlin

jscramlin
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

I have a XLS 1500 and 1000. I recently purchased 4 speakon cables for these two amps. I cannot get any of them to work on either amp. I get microphne imput to the mixer and to the amps but they will send power to the speakers. I have tried all 4 channels and all 4 cables nothing works. If I connect wires directly to the outputs everything works fine. Can any one help?

#2 Stephane

Stephane

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(jscramlin @ Aug 6 2011, 09:46 PM) View Post
I have a XLS 1500 and 1000. I recently purchased 4 speakon cables for these two amps. I cannot get any of them to work on either amp. I get microphne imput to the mixer and to the amps but they will send power to the speakers. I have tried all 4 channels and all 4 cables nothing works. If I connect wires directly to the outputs everything works fine. Can any one help?

Are you sure you are using 4 poles speakon plug???? if yes +1 and -1 would be your channel 1 output and +2 and -2 would be your channel 2 output on the channel 1 speakon terminal of your amplifier, if you are trying to plug anything to the ch 2 speakon terminal you must use pins +1 and -1 only , make sure wires are properly routed in plug at both end of cable.