• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ShawnG

ShawnG
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hello everyone!

So I am new to this forum and I am reaching out to everyone to try to get some advice on this project I am doing.

I have multiple Crown xTi's and I would like to make a network to adjust them front of house using my ipad. I am sure this has been done and I wondering what the simplest way to do this is. If I need a host computer? What type of Switch do I need? As much info as anyone has will be very helpful. I tried searching through the forums but I don't think that option is available to me.

Thanks!

Shawn

#2 Tom Lureman

Tom Lureman

Network Newbie

• Admin
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Hi Shawn,
The iPad app does not work with the XTi series amplifiers.  It only works with network amplifiers that use a CAT5 Ethernet connection.  Current models are CTs with network card, MAi, and ITHD.

#3 ShawnG

ShawnG
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(Tom Lureman @ Jul 27 2011, 04:09 PM) View Post
Hi Shawn,
The iPad app does not work with the XTi series amplifiers.  It only works with network amplifiers that use a CAT5 Ethernet connection.  Current models are CTs with network card, MAi, and ITHD.

Hi Tom, So this is what we are trying to do. We have USB Hub with the amps connected then connected it to a router via the USB port. Then place Air port extreme as a bridge at the console and the extreme has an Ethernet out of it. Then Plug Console (Yamaha LS9) into that. Hopefully the console will recognize that as connected then using an Macbook or PC or Ipad to control them. Does that make sense? Is there an easier way to do this? Do we need a host computer to keep the ad hoc network always up? My network skills are limited so any help will be awesome!

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

You can probably get System Architect to work via remote USB, but the iPad app won't talk to XTi at all.   If you're just looking to control basic stuff like volume, mute, etc., then I would aim for control of your preamp, not the XTi amps directly.

We've seen mixed results with remote USB schemes and XTi amps.  I know the USB Anywhere products work.