• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PapaDeath

PapaDeath
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

Hello all,

I have a home theater setup where I have 2 each JBL 4645C Subs. they sound really nice as each one is driven by a single channel from on one my XLS 602 amps

I am working on tuning the setup and I have read a little about a B6 filter. I guess it is supposed to increase the the db on the signal side down near 20hz but I have also read that in order not to clip the amp or over exert the woofer in my sub I should HFP the signal at 20 to 22 Hz.

I am hoping that someone here can help me by suggesting some equipment that I can use to accomplish my B6 and HFP goal.

thanks

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

I Googled a B6 filter and got photography and automotive stuff.  What is this thing exactly?

#3 PapaDeath

PapaDeath
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Jul 21 2011, 09:01 AM) View Post
I Googled a B6 filter and got photography and automotive stuff.  What is this thing exactly?

I to am not sure what exactly is the specification for this B6 filter this is why I am posting here. Since my amplifiers are Crown and my subs are JBL both Harmon products I thought you guys might know.

I have found info on Google about B6 filter using "B6 subwoofer boost" as my criteria.

In any case from what I have read so far B6 boost or filter (called both both) increases the signal to the amp by 10dB at  22Hz but I cant find any information about the Q slope.

If I can't find any answers I'll just have to figure out how to analyze my theater room using pink noise and some kind of spectrum analyzer. anyone have any info on this as I have only read about it and never attempted?