XTI always ON

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Piero

Piero
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

How much time (hours or days...) can be left on an XTI amplifier without any input signal and in perfect cooling conditions without deteriorating itself ? In other words, how much time can be left on (under power on) an electronic audio equippment so that it does not reduce its own life duration?  I mean amps...mixers consolles ...etc... blink.gif

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

The amps are designed to be left on, because in many applications this is what happens.  So, no issue with leaving them on.

#3 Piero

Piero
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

OK but...must be a limit .....would you leave it always on indeed ??? How many years ????  rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Jul 18 2011, 02:04 PM) View Post
The amps are designed to be left on, because in many applications this is what happens.  So, no issue with leaving them on.

#4 car54

car54
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

I understand your concern, but I have a Crown Power Base 2 that has been installed in my aircraft hangar for music and paging since 1998. I take it apart and blow the dust out every year or so (continuous fan on this model), but except for that hour it is apart, it runs continuously 24/7 for over a decade powering some Community XLT-47's

I just picked up a new XTI4002 to run my srx728s subwoofer in my home theater, and was extremely disappointed to see it's not made in USA like the XTI2000's I have running the system now. I had another chinese crown xls that was nothing but problems and repair bills until the day I tossed it in the scrap metal pile. Hopefully the xti4002 can take the heat. fingers crossed.

#5 Deromax

Deromax

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE(car54 @ Aug 18 2011, 12:14 PM) View Post
I understand your concern, but I have a Crown Power Base 2 that has been installed in my aircraft hangar for music and paging since 1998.

I know of a place that had of a couple racks of Altec amps that stayed on for about 30 years, before they dismantled the whole setup.  I have 3 Brystons amps in my home theater that have stayed on 24/24 since I bought them used from eBay 10 years ago.

It's the turning ON/OFF that kills electronic and computer imho!

#6 YzBrad99

YzBrad99
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE(car54 @ Aug 18 2011, 12:14 PM) View Post
I understand your concern, but I have a Crown Power Base 2 that has been installed in my aircraft hangar for music and paging since 1998. I take it apart and blow the dust out every year or so (continuous fan on this model), but except for that hour it is apart, it runs continuously 24/7 for over a decade powering some Community XLT-47's

Thats Freeking Awesome!