• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gar11789

gar11789
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

Whats up,
Im new to the forum and new to live sound so sorry in advance if these are stupid questions. Currently the setup I will be running are 2xJBL mrx 525's and 1x xti4000. One mrx going to one channel and the other going to the second channel. Correct me if I am wrong, but when the amp is turned on and DSP off is displayed on the screen, does this means the amp is at the 1200w/ch at 4 ohms setting? Since the speakers are continuous at 800w at 4 ohms and the amp is 1200w/ch at 4 ohms does anyone have advice on different settings I should play with through the software? Also, since you are able to change different settings such as the limit through the amp, is the any reason to buy a separate compressor/limiter or mixer to help control the output of the amp?

Thanks for any advice

#2 Tom Lureman

Tom Lureman

Network Newbie

• Admin
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

Yes, you do not need to do anything special to put this amp into 2, 4, or 8ohm configuration.  You have the amp setup the way you should for you amp/speaker combo.  Do not bridge the amp and run these speakers in parallel, that would be too much for the amp to correctly handle.
The only thing you might want to do is add a high pass filter in the crossover section.  JBL suggests a HPF at 40.14Hz with a Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/oct filter.
This can easily be done in the software by going to the XOV section => click on Independent tab => enable the HP type for both ch1 and 2 => select L-R 24dB/oct => enter 40.14Hz.
Do this for both channels.  The result on the graph at the top will look largely like a blue bar that rolls off the the low end (left side).

Hope this helps

#3 gar11789

gar11789
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(Tom Lureman @ Jul 14 2011, 08:15 AM) View Post
Yes, you do not need to do anything special to put this amp into 2, 4, or 8ohm configuration.  You have the amp setup the way you should for you amp/speaker combo.  Do not bridge the amp and run these speakers in parallel, that would be too much for the amp to correctly handle.
The only thing you might want to do is add a high pass filter in the crossover section.  JBL suggests a HPF at 40.14Hz with a Linkwitz-Riley 24dB/oct filter.
This can easily be done in the software by going to the XOV section => click on Independent tab => enable the HP type for both ch1 and 2 => select L-R 24dB/oct => enter 40.14Hz.
Do this for both channels.  The result on the graph at the top will look largely like a blue bar that rolls off the the low end (left side).

Hope this helps

Awesome thanks a lot.