8 replies to this topic

#1 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

I have been using my Itech 6000 for about 400hrs. I bought it with 1000hrs on it. It passed Crown's Bench Test, and is still under warranty.

Up until recently the fan came on when thermal readings were around 15% on each channel. This happend regularly during moderate use.  The last few gigs the fans have been on full blast the entire gig and no indication of thermal heating % readings. Why the change in fan operation?Is this normal?

#2 Tom Lureman

Tom Lureman

Network Newbie

• Admin
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

Press all three front panel buttons at the same time to bring up a menu that shows temperature, firmware version, etc.  Use the next/prev button to navigate to a display that will say either FAN LO, FAN HI, or FAN ON.
Which one does it display?

#3 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(Tom Lureman @ Jun 6 2011, 09:46 AM) View Post
Press all three front panel buttons at the same time to bring up a menu that shows temperature, firmware version, etc.  Use the next/prev button to navigate to a display that will say either FAN LO, FAN HI, or FAN ON.

When I press all the buttons it says lockout on the menu screen.

The fan is alos coming on when no load is present. It is loud and annoying.

#4 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(jblf @ Jun 6 2011, 03:19 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Tom Lureman @ Jun 6 2011, 09:46 AM) View Post

When I press all the buttons it says lockout on the menu screen.

The fan is alos coming on when no load is present. It is loud and annoying.

#5 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

Any other suggestions? I got a gig coming up and wondering if I should use the amp.

#6 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Do you have the latest firmware?  Some fan op stuff was improved.  I would connect to the amp with System Architect, unlock it, and update the firmware.

#7 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

It was updated recently and I just tried it again. When it went to re boot the fan stoped. After the update the fan kick on again and stays on.

Here is the serial if this helps 8001372191

#8 Tom Lureman

Tom Lureman

Network Newbie

• Admin
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:29 AM

Did you get the amp unlocked?  If it was locked with software it will have to be unlock with software.  If it was locked with the front panel it will have to be unlocked with the front panel by pressing NEXT and PREV at the same time.  After that, do what I mentioned above to find out the fan mode.

#9 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

Yes the amp is unlocked. Pressing the 3 buttons on the front at the same time does nothing. Is there another way to access the fan modes?

It seems that when I connect with SA and load a preset the fan issue starts. When I did the update and erased all my presets anddissconnected from SA, there was no issue from the fan.