IT8000 CH2 clip light on and no output..

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 avimopro

avimopro

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

final update! I finally received my amp last week Aug 17th. and both of my amps are under warranty until Jan 2012. I had been waiting for Leslie to make the call whether or not to honor the warranty. Lucky for me she decided to honor it! apparently, b-stock amps should come with a 1 year warranty card that needs to be mailed in. online registration does not count, so don' t do it online. keep a copy of the warranty card and if you mail it in make sure to pay extra for the delivery confirmation. I registered online but somehow it did not make it. I did have to show proof of purchase and was told that poraudiostar had purchased those amps from another vendor on the west coast which further complicated things, besides the fact that the amp in question had a bad warranty record at crown. anyway, I think as a customer I am happy/grateful with the end result but do have to say that the process was less than satisfactory.  However, i do have to give Kevin Heber props for his help. All in all I think crown could/should do a better job at communicating with clients.  It is frustrating to get different information from different parts of the company.

kevin,

I did get a sheet with details much like the list you posted above but I did not get anything specific about the problem my amp was having nor if it was fixed. I assume it was, I will test the amp in the next couple of days and find out.  Is the problem my amp was having specifically addressed by any of those items on the check list?

byron

#17 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

Always happy to help where I can.  Can you please give me the serial # of the amp you're referring to again?

#18 avimopro

avimopro

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Crown actually assigned it a new serial number, here it is #15000072506. btw, I tried the amp last night and everything seems to be working fine. I'll get a chance to try it for a longer period of time this coming weekend, hopefully it will be fine.

just in case the OLD serial number is: 8000376043.

thanks

#19 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

Looks like the 50-pin ribbon cable was replaced along with some insulation and pads.

#20 ebolak

ebolak
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hello Kevin, it looks that my itech has also the ribbon cable issue. Both channels start clipping after some time with input signal below -20dB. But besides that FAN goes very fast even no load connected. Is the fan also related to ribbon cable issue?
thanks
michal

#21 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

The hyper fan could be ribbon cable related, or it could be a bad thermal sensor.  Do the ribbon cable first and see.

#22 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

I just received my Itech 6000 back from service for the same issues. They did not state what they fixed. Would be nice to know what was wrong with it. Can you find out for me Kevin? serial # is 8001372191

Also I just bought a 4000 and it was last bench tested in April 2011, serial#8001459016. I want to get it into service before the warranty runs out.

Thanks