User Labels-IQwic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tonym

Tonym
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 08:24 AM

I am using the most recent version of IQwic for control of several I-Tech amps.

I have worked on a design file offline, using the user labels for channel labeling, but after saving the file and re-opening it, the labels are not there.

Is there a setting I am missing or should I try labeling another way?

Thanks for your help,

Tony Morris

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:44 AM

User labels are stored on the device as a device parameter and cannot be setup when off line. If they were part of the file then every time you engaged the file the labels would be rewritten. This may not sound like much of a problem until you consider you may want to use the settings in that file at another location for another amp and if you engage that device or file the labels would be changed.
User labels should be made on line and then they will stay with the device.

#3 Tonym

Tonym
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for your help and quick response.

Tony

#4 matthodkinson

matthodkinson
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

I have just had the same problem with labels then came searching the forums, I am trying to create a file for 15 amplifiers and it is very hard with no labels. At the moment it is not possible to connect to the amplifers as the venue is still been built, is there a way to add text lables for each amplifier in the IQwic software or do I just have to stick with a paper crib sheet

#5 soundman5150

soundman5150
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

You can cast my vote for update that would allow labels to stay with channel, offline. It would be nice if a portable rack is one day used at FOH rack then next for monitors.

Also I would really like to be able to update version of PIP card in software offline as if I am programming system and new updates are out with more new features I could make program with them while waiting for install to be ready.
3RD request be able to have amp's control screen up instead of having to press the +/- every time.

Just my suggestions