5 replies to this topic

#1 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

Is this how I would set up my 6000 running tops off of Channel 1 and subs off Channel 2?

Set mode to y input

Use channel 1 speaker output only with a 4 conductor speakon connected to sub or top. Then daisy chain with 4 conductor cable to other 3 cabinets? My tops do not have a switch but my subs have a 1+1- or 2+2- switch. Does it matter what order I daisy chain in?

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:12 AM

Yes, Y mode, using only channel 1 input (mono feed from mixer).  

Can you split the NL-4 into two NL-2's on the speaker end?  If not, you're going to need another cable.  With two independent cables here is the setup:

1) Connect an NL-2 or NL-4 to amp channel 1; feed it to top#1 and parallel (jump/chain) to top#2
2) Connect an NL-2 or NL-4 to amp channel 2; feed it to sub#1, set to 1+1-, and parallel to sub#2

I suppose the subs might have some slick way to split off 1+1- or 2+2- to another cabinet, so a glance at the speaker manual would be in order.

#3 jblf

jblf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:02 AM

View PostKevin Heber, on 04 March 2011 - 08:12 AM, said:

Can you split the NL-4 into two NL-2's on the speaker end?  If not, you're going to need another cable.  With two independent cables here is the setup:

1) Connect an NL-2 or NL-4 to amp channel 1; feed it to top#1 and parallel (jump/chain) to top#2
2) Connect an NL-2 or NL-4 to amp channel 2; feed it to sub#1, set to 1+1-, and parallel to sub#2

I suppose the subs might have some slick way to split off 1+1- or 2+2- to another cabinet, so a glance at the speaker manual would be in order.

Thanks Kevin.

Now I need to get the crossover settings for the MRX515 and SRX 718. I have found some for the 718 but not for the 515. There are so many different types in Systems Arcitecht. How do you know which to choose?

Anyone out there use these speakers withe the Itech and have settings that work for them?

#4 ebolak

ebolak
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:16 PM

View Postjblf, on 04 March 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

View PostKevin Heber, on 04 March 2011 - 08:12 AM, said:

Thanks Kevin.

Now I need to get the crossover settings for the MRX515 and SRX 718. I have found some for the 718 but not for the 515. There are so many different types in Systems Arcitecht. How do you know which to choose?

Anyone out there use these speakers withe the Itech and have settings that work for them?

I think there are just SRX tunnings for Itech but you can download MRX tunings for XTI amp, insert XTI amp in sys architect import the MRX settings in it and then type the same in ITECH.

#5 danruiz

danruiz
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

i have 2 itech 9000hd 2 subs 818 and 2 932 vrx
how should i wire them , should the mono sub be differetn comnfig?

#6 dakos

dakos

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

You should configure the subwoofer amp to work as dual mono with signal summing of the two channels, then connect one 818 per channel. The tops amp should be connected as plain stereo also with one speaker per channel. No need for specially built cables since you're better off running the amps in the configuration I suggested.

Continue like I suggested on your other post and shoot with more questions...
Avi