• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 djstaffy

djstaffy
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

not sure why the programmes wont open.
never wanted to use theese as im not tecnical minded but as previous posts my amp xti4000 went into temp friday with very little sound at the time never had this before. now been told to set up presets through sa or bm.
looked at vids and im still as far away on hoe to use theese.
my firmware on the amp is 1.1.5.6 is this the mose up to date
thanks

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

So you have installed them, and they will not open?  If that's the case, try uninstalling them, then uninstall all versions of .NET.   Then re-install all.NET (up to 3.5 SP1) and re-install SA/BM.    This has been a tried & true method for others.  The trouble was, in those cases, that something else had corrupted the .NET installation.

#3 djstaffy

djstaffy
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Feb 15 2011, 04:50 PM) View Post
So you have installed them, and they will not open?  If that's the case, try uninstalling them, then uninstall all versions of .NET.   Then re-install all.NET (up to 3.5 SP1) and re-install SA/BM.    This has been a tried & true method for others.  The trouble was, in those cases, that something else had corrupted the .NET installation.

does it make a difference that i use sp3.i will re download .net after i google it and check back in thanks

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

No, doesn't make a difference -- once .NET becomes corrupted, certain programs won't work -- this was a result of a Microsoft bug, not a Harman bug.

#5 djstaffy

djstaffy
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Feb 15 2011, 08:26 PM) View Post
No, doesn't make a difference -- once .NET becomes corrupted, certain programs won't work -- this was a result of a Microsoft bug, not a Harman bug.

ok kevin re installed .net all ok and opening now.
learning to use it now is the thing lol.