#1 Patlover1983

Patlover1983

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hello everybody,

I´ve got 3 Crown XTI2000 amplifiers. One of them has an problem with the temperature readout. In System Architect and on the display the temperature for both channels and the power supply stays 0 degrees. Has anyone an idea where to looking for?

Kind regards,
John Martens

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

What version of firmware, and how old is it?

#3 Patlover1983

Patlover1983

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for reply my question. The Crown has latest firmware (1.1.5.6) and the amplifier is builded in 2006.

Thank you!

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

The 2006-built units generally require replacement of the display board.  This would probably take care of the problem.  Please send me your serial # and shipping address - kevin.heber@harman.com - thanks.

#5 Patlover1983

Patlover1983

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:07 AM

Hello Kevin,

First of all, sorry for bad english. I write this reply with help of an dictionary, so if you don't understand please let me
know.

The display PCB has been replaced a couple of months ago. It was replaced with an revision 5 PCB because the original board had some problems with the ribbon cable.

I think i found the problem with the temp readings, but i'm not sure. I'm very skilled with analog audio and analog components and repairs. Digital components and software/firmware are a new world for me  smile.gif

The microcontroller U1 (LPC2142) sends clock signal(s) over the same bus to the LM75BIM sensors. The LM75 sensors sending the temperature data back over the same bus to the LPC2142 processor. I found out that the clock signal "pin" shorted to ground IN the LPC2142. Even with this pin soldered from the PCB i measure 3 Ohms with the ground. It don't make any changes if the power amp is on or off. I think the LPC2142 is defective, is this correct?

If so, i have tools to replace the LPC2142, thats not a problem. But i assume the new LPC2142 needs to be programmed? Is this possible with the USB port and my computer with C-loader? Thank you!

#6 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

Tell you what, send me an email -- kevin.heber@harman.com -- and we'll see about getting you a service manual.