Cdi 1000 will not power on

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheDefOne

TheDefOne
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

I have a cdi 1000 that i bought from someone i know and it will not power on. After I left the power cord in the unit with it on the power light and the other lights started to flash. I also have another unit that will not power on also...Is it worth getting these fixed I have $30 into them already.    Any info that may help is greatly appreciated thank you for taking the time to read this

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

Are they still under warranty?  If not, you can still send them to Crown for a free estimate.

#3 TheDefOne

TheDefOne
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Jan 4 2011, 02:09 PM) View Post
Are they still under warranty?  If not, you can still send them to Crown for a free estimate.

Nope made 11/06 sad.gif   But I did get it to power on only after hitting the power button 10-20 times. It will fire up like this just about every time. Its making a low beeping type sound and the lcd will flash, befor it starts up. The low sound is coming from the whitish looking box?

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

It's possible it needs a new display board.  Some units made in 2006 had ribbon cables that would fail over time.  Please send me an email with your serial numbers and shipping address.  kevin.heber@harman.com

#5 IndyZoo

IndyZoo
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:15 AM

I also have 3 Cdi 1000 that I had to turn off for a couple of hours and now all 3 will not power up.  I checked the fuses in all three and the switch in one unit and they were all ok.  They are not under warranty and the units serial numbers were also not in the recall list for faulty switches.  Now I'm concerned what will happen when I have to turn off the other 4 amps.  Suggestions please!

#6 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

Bizarre to say the least. Since they are pretty old, it might be bad display boards. Send me your serial #'s and I'll check them - kevin.heber@harman.com