• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Juan_G

Juan_G
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

Hi guys,

I purchased a Crown XLS802D from the U.S. and i live in Australia. The crown amplifier I purchased runs off 120VAC 60Hz and in Australia our power outlets supply 240VAC 50Hz.
I noticed that the specs say "AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations Available ( 10%)"
then it has:
120VAC 60Hz
100VAC 50/60 Hz
220 VAC 50Hz
230-240 VAC 50 Hz

Does anyone know how to do this configuration?
or perhaps any suggestions?

Thanks.

Juan

#2 bobbysdad

bobbysdad

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:27 PM

There's a XLS Series manual here: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/legacy/133465old.pdf
but it doesn't include the 802. Only up to 602.
If you d/l it and check Fig 4.2 that might give you a clue, IF you have the same Power fitting.
Can't hurt to check it out.
I have a feeling that the voltage selector is hidden under that rectangular cover just below the socket.

G.
I might be deaf, but I can still hear the bells......

#3 Juan_G

Juan_G
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(bobbysdad @ Dec 13 2010, 11:27 PM) View Post
There's a XLS Series manual here: http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/legacy/133465old.pdf
If you d/l it and check Fig 4.2 that might give you a clue, IF you have the same Power fitting.
I have a feeling that the voltage selector is hidden under that rectangular cover just below the socket.

G.

Thank you for ur reply,
I checked it out and unfortunately the XLS 802 is different and does not have that rectangular cover thing below where the 602 does, instead there is a circuit breaker button below the IEC on the 802.
I'm quite sure you would be correct tho if it were XLS 602. I think my chances are starting to run slim, I can't find any info on it. I'm thinking maybe the circuit breaker replaces the selector
on the 802 and perhaps there is no selector. Hmm, I hope I didn't just blow my money away. I'll keep searching for info, otherwise I'll have to start thinking what else I can do.
but thank you again.

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

Unfortunately, we don't have an approved procedure for converting this amp to another voltage.

#5 sharkmon

sharkmon
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(Juan_G @ Dec 14 2010, 08:35 AM) View Post

G.

Thank you for ur reply,
I checked it out and unfortunately the XLS 802 is different and does not have that rectangular cover thing below where the 602 does, instead there is a circuit breaker button below the IEC on the 802.
I'm quite sure you would be correct tho if it were XLS 602. I think my chances are starting to run slim, I can't find any info on it. I'm thinking maybe the circuit breaker replaces the selector
on the 802 and perhaps there is no selector. Hmm, I hope I didn't just blow my money away. I'll keep searching for info, otherwise I'll have to start thinking what else I can do.
but thank you again.

#6 sharkmon

sharkmon
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(sharkmon @ Mar 15 2011, 11:14 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Juan_G @ Dec 14 2010, 08:35 AM) View Post

G.

Thank you for ur reply,
but thank you again.

The only way to change the voltage will be to replace the power transformer.  Last I knew the Crown parts department was stocking some of the higher input voltage ones.  If you get a new transformer just put in the new one exactly like the old one.  Hold on to the old one because there is a real good chance that there are next to none of those left in the world.  http://www.crownaudio.com/forums/style_ima...icons/icon1.gif

#7 bobbysdad

bobbysdad

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:33 AM

Jeez, that's bad news then.....   sad.gif
If you find yourself in a hole, I've got a Macro Tech MA2401 (Export model set for 240V) in Melbourne I'm thinking about letting go.
I was going to use it at home, but it's just overkill.

G.
I might be deaf, but I can still hear the bells......