Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hi everybody!
Now the fun begins smile.gif

I have MA5000i amp and I wonder how the fan schould work and I suspect I have some problem here.

I have notice tha the bigger fan is not spinning at all, not even when I power the amp ON, but the smaller fan seems to work. The amp isin't hot at all and I don't have any fault error message from the amp. How can I see the error report in the system architect???

I would like to know how the fan schould work in normal situation.

Very important to know because I still have warranty, maybe it was so from the start.

Thanks

#2 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

Hi again

The fans is working by the way. Had to look further in too see it spinning laugh.gif

But I still have a problem sad.gif . I have some noise when the fans is just to begin to speed up. One can hear it thru the speakers, some crakling noise.

Any ideas.

Anyway, decided to return the unit for inspection. Still under warranty.

Thanks

#3 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hi
I have made a video of the problem.

Maybe this will help.

My amp is on the way to the dealer, some feedback would be nice.

Crown

Thanks

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the excellent video.  Assuming you had no inputs connected to the amp?  We haven't seen this problem before, so sending it in for service or exchange is the way to go.

#5 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Dec 14 2010, 04:56 PM) View Post
Thanks for the excellent video.  Assuming you had no inputs connected to the amp?  We haven't seen this problem before, so sending it in for service or exchange is the way to go.

Hi

Thanks for watching. Your asumption is correct, no inputs. I will contact the dealer so I hope they fix the problem. I wish for replacment, but we will see what happens.

Thanks

#6 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

Hi
I got my amp today from the repairshop, some sort of solderproblem. I will hook it up as see if everything is allright.
Thanks

#7 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hi
Bad News, same problem as before. Is there any possibility that it can be the PIP-network card where you connect the ethernet cable???? Can't find the proper model name that is installed in MA5000i.

The funny thing is when I tap the chassi relativly hard the fan start running and then I see the meters start jumping on Channel 1. Also, in Amplifier Setting in SA there is a Auto Stand-by mode settings and when I mix with the Threshold and Turn-off delay then things start to happen. If I set the Turn-off delay at 0 minutes and the Threshold is set at -80 dB and then slide the levelmeters between 0 to +20 dB the noice start to come from the subwoofers, as shown in the video in previos post.

Sensitivity is set at 26dB and y-linked but as I have mentioned before it is same fhenomena when I don't have anything connected, only power cable and the ethernet cable.

Didin't get any more info from service department, only some solder problem.

The unit is return to service again.  sad.gif
Thanks

#8 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

Hi
I forgott to mention that I must be crazy. I just purchase a couple of days ago another MA5000i and I hope this one is working. biggrin.gif.  
Thanks

#9 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

Kevin, any ideas!

#10 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

Gosh, that really sucks, sorry you are having so much trouble.  The auto-standby feature shuts down the output stage automatically after a short time of idle audio.  So it sounds like when you defeat auto standby in SA or by tapping on the chassis, the output stage wakes up and begins passing the noise.  Unfortunately that doesn't narrow down the problem because the output stage is of course the last thing in the signal path.

There isn't a PIP module in this unit; the communication board is integrated.

You're not in the USA, right?  Just checking; I am wondering who is looking at this amp.

#11 Mctwins

Mctwins

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Jan 5 2011, 03:35 PM) View Post
Gosh, that really sucks, sorry you are having so much trouble.  The auto-standby feature shuts down the output stage automatically after a short time of idle audio.  So it sounds like when you defeat auto standby in SA or by tapping on the chassis, the output stage wakes up and begins passing the noise.  Unfortunately that doesn't narrow down the problem because the output stage is of course the last thing in the signal path.

There isn't a PIP module in this unit; the communication board is integrated.

You're not in the USA, right?  Just checking; I am wondering who is looking at this amp.

Ok I understand.

Is it ok that I give you a call by phone or email to explain the problem little further. I am not from US.

Thanks

#12 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

Certainly; please call +1 574 294 8200, 9am-5pm EST.  There are four guys here and we can all help.