Open Bandmanager file in System Architect?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RichmondPA

RichmondPA
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

Hi all - new here.
I just purchased 3 new XTi amps and Im psyched!
I have used Bandmanager to set all 3 amps up with some basic DSP settings and have saved that as a .bandmanager file. I have read and been told that I can open that file in System Architect to make changes when the amps are offline. I have tried this and SA allows me to open the file but I cant figure out where my rack goes once its open? I have poked around all over the UI and tried opening the file on several different SA screens but I dont see it anywhere.
How do I do this?
Thanks!

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

Band Manager really likes to shove amps into a folder called "Band Manager Ungrouped"  - this folder should show up on the venue desktop when you open the BM file.  The amp(s) should be inside this folder.  You can cut/paste them out of the folder into the root venue screen if you like.

When you've made the changes to the amp(s) you want, just use SAVE (not SAVE AS) to save the BM file.  When you open up the BM file in BM with your amp online, the changes should be applied.

It's much simpler IMHO to just use SA if you need to work offline at all.

#3 RichmondPA

RichmondPA
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Dec 8 2010, 01:12 PM) View Post
Band Manager really likes to shove amps into a folder called "Band Manager Ungrouped"  - this folder should show up on the venue desktop when you open the BM file.  The amp(s) should be inside this folder.  You can cut/paste them out of the folder into the root venue screen if you like.

When you've made the changes to the amp(s) you want, just use SAVE (not SAVE AS) to save the BM file.  When you open up the BM file in BM with your amp online, the changes should be applied.

It's much simpler IMHO to just use SA if you need to work offline at all.

Ill try it as soon as I get back to my laptop.
Ultimately I think I will probably use SA but Bandmanager seemed much easier to get up and running on.
Thanks!

Jeff

#4 Tom Lureman

Tom Lureman

Network Newbie

• Admin
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:39 PM

If you need clarity on this please email me at thomas.lureman@harman.com

I made a step-by-step with screenshots for a customer in the past I could send to you.