• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HP Engineer

HP Engineer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

Hi,

I have two USM-810 units which do different functions.  One unit is currently failing and I'm going to send it out for repair.  The Good unit has a preset of 32 and the bad unit has a preset of 05.  Since the bad unit has more of my critical processing and outputs, how do I tell the good unit to mirror the bad unit?

I'm played around with IQ for Windows and I don't see that option.

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(HP Engineer @ Nov 27 2010, 03:03 PM) View Post
Hi,

I have two USM-810 units which do different functions.  One unit is currently failing and I'm going to send it out for repair.  The Good unit has a preset of 32 and the bad unit has a preset of 05.  Since the bad unit has more of my critical processing and outputs, how do I tell the good unit to mirror the bad unit?

Select the unit you want to mirror and then use the copy tool from the main toolbar (or in the workspace, at the bottom).  Then select the destination unit and use the paste tool.

#3 HP Engineer

HP Engineer
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Nov 30 2010, 10:15 AM) View Post
QUOTE(HP Engineer @ Nov 27 2010, 03:03 PM) View Post
Hi,

Select the unit you want to mirror and then use the copy tool from the main toolbar (or in the workspace, at the bottom).  Then select the destination unit and use the paste tool.

This is after I load the "active" show file, correct?

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

There are two ways to do this.

First make a backup of your show file just in case something happens.

Method One:

Make sure the working device that you want to put the settings into has the same firmware as the non working device
This can be hard to know if you don't remember it or you can't get a connection to the bad unit long enough to read it.

Set the IQ address of the working device to the same address of the non working file. If you cant read it from the front panel you should be able to read it from the show file.
When you see the icon for the device in the IQ for Windows Workplace screen it will be the three number in the upper right corner of the device icon.

After the above is done connect to the USM810 and open the show file. the software will ask if you want to download the system file into the device. Say "Yes". This will put the file settings in the replacement device and effectively make it the same as the non working one.

One thing to remember is that this file will only be the working memory of the device. In the Older IQ for Windows software the presets were not part of the file. Each Preset had to be recalled into active memory and then saved as a seperate file. Once a file is loaded into active memory it can then be saved into any preset.

Method Two:
This method should take into account for devices with different firmware.

Part one:
Set the working device to an IQ address of something different than anything else in the IQ system. If there is only the USM810 than just set the address of the working unit to a different addres than the USM 810 in the file.

Connect to the working device that you want to make have the setting in the file.

Load the show file. You will not see the new device only the original device with a Red square in the upper left corner of the device icon.

In the IQ for Windows Tool Bar select to "Dataframe" and from the dropdown select|"Inventory"

In the "Dataframe Inventory" window you will see the new device listed with no check mark in it's box. Click on the empty box to add a check mark.
Select "Close" at the bottom of the window and the device should now be added to the Workplace window.

Left Click on the original file device with the Red square in the upper left corner. This will highlight the device in a red outline.

Right Click on the original file device and select "Copy Settings"

Left Click on the new device (It should have a green square in the upper left corner) to select it. This will highlight the device in a red outline.

Right Click on the new device and select "Paste Settings"

The settings should not be copied in the new device. You can check this by double clicing on the amplifier and opening it up to look at the settings.

Once this is done you can save these Active Memory setting to any preset you desire.

Close IQ for Windows

Reset the new device IQ address to the same as the one in the file using the front panel buttons.

Part Two:
Start IQ for Windows (not the file).

Close the larger "Workplace" window - leaving the Tool Bar open. (Do not save the file if requested)

Leave the software set this way for a good minute or two.

Open the file. The device icon in the Workplace screen should now be green.

Leave the software set this way for a good minute.

Save the file with a different name.

I hope this helps.