• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kenp

kenp
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hello all

I have a couple of K2's that are giving me trouble. One is dead and won't power up. I waisted the last 2 months trying to get this repaired local. I am in Western Canada. Your Canadian Distributor has been less than cooperative. They don't want me to ship it there because they are in the midst of moving etc etc. Thats been going on for a couple of months now. They also did not express much interest in fixing a K series amp.
The serial on the above unit is 119965.

I have a second K2 thats operating but has an intermittent problem. With volume knobs turned up full but "NO" signal at the input...the channel LED's flicker back and forth from Left to Right for 10 -20 seconds then there is a pop on the bass drivers the amp is powering. Its not a serious high volume pop, but I suspect over time it will become one. Could it be a bad electrolytic cap? If so, on which board? This units serial is A130877

I am not sure how Crown does their numbering but would it be possible to swap modules between these 2 units to have one working properly?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ken toll free at 888-782-6333

#2 sharkmon

sharkmon
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

If swapping modules, first off, special care has to be taken doing so.  The numbers to look for are the part number of the Main board, and the part numbers of the Output modules.  If swapping around different revisions of these modules, although I don't believe any permanent damage will happen, you will not be at all pleased with the resulting performance.  I don't think the revision rules are posted anywhere.  Your absolute best bet is to send both to Elkhart for service.  They have a couple fellas that are pretty good with this model and they should be able to fix you up.  The more use use them, the more you risk unrepairable damage.