CE200 Fan Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LowNoteGuy

LowNoteGuy
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:40 PM

Recently acquired another ce200, (owner of five now), (they may be old, but they just keep humping) and just found out that the amp works beautifully as usual, except the fan won't come on.  All voltages are present for fan to operate and thermal sensors appear okay.  I did notice that at board location Z200, there is a jumper that is only on one pin.  Should this jumper be connecting both pins or is it for service mode only.  I cannot make sense from downloaded schematics for this model and with all of the revisions.  Any help is greatly appreciated to get this WORKHORSE back in shape.

Thanks

#2 KGring

KGring

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(LowNoteGuy @ Nov 19 2010, 09:40 PM) View Post
Recently acquired another ce200, (owner of five now), (they may be old, but they just keep humping) and just found out that the amp works beautifully as usual, except the fan won't come on.  All voltages are present for fan to operate and thermal sensors appear okay.  I did notice that at board location Z200, there is a jumper that is only on one pin.  Should this jumper be connecting both pins or is it for service mode only.  I cannot make sense from downloaded schematics for this model and with all of the revisions.  Any help is greatly appreciated to get this WORKHORSE back in shape.

Thanks

These fans are temperature controlled and should only come on when the amp is warm. There is not a jumper for the fan Z100 and Z200 are for changing the gain structure.

Kevin B. Gring
Crown Audio
kgring@crownintl.com