1 reply to this topic

#1 Schmuck

Schmuck

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:14 PM

working on some settings involving the peak voltage limiter.  I am unsure the difference between the Peak Voltage Limiter Threshold and the Peak Voltage Limiter Threshold limit.  

Also not quite sure I get what exactly the "clip status reflects peak voltage limiter gain reduction".  If I missed something in the manuals or online, point me in the right direction.  Thanks

David

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(*beep* @ May 2 2005, 01:14 PM)
working on some settings involving the peak voltage limiter.  I am unsure the difference between the Peak Voltage Limiter Threshold and the Peak Voltage Limiter Threshold limit. 

Also not quite sure I get what exactly the "clip status reflects peak voltage limiter gain reduction".  If I missed something in the manuals or online, point me in the right direction.  Thanks

David
View Post

Here’s the definitions:

Peak Voltage Threshold (volts)
Use this slider to set a Peak Voltage in volts.

Peak Limiter Threshold Ceiling (volts)
Applies to I·Tech series of Crown amplifiers only (firmware version 1.2 and greater). Use this slider to restrict how high the Peak Voltage Threshold may be set. This is most useful in situations where the Peak Voltage Threshold might be changed in places other than on the Control Panel. This can only be set in the software and sets the highest voltage that can be set via the front panel. It’s a security lock for the maximum Voltage the front panel Peak Voltage Threshold setting can be set for.

“Clip Status Reflects Peak Voltage Limiter Gain Reduction”
Applies to I·Tech series of Crown amplifiers only (firmware version 1.2 and greater).
This is short for “make the Clip Status reflects the Peak Voltage Limiter is doing Gain Reduction” Effectively this make the Clip indicators light when the Peak Voltage Threshold has been reach and gain reduction is taking place. This was added for a touring customer that wanted his operators to know when they had reached the speed limit. biggrin.gif