Updating iTech to add modified settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ampnation

ampnation
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

So I just started setting up my iTech 8000 yesterday. I got it running and made some simple settings which if memory serves, basically copied to the iTech without my intervention. Now I've made a couple minor changes to Setting #1 and added a 2nd Setting. Both have been renamed and I'm not seeing them populated to the amp.

I'm wondering what the process or processes are by which this update occurs. I can't find any reference to it and so I'm wondering if it is always automatic. Seems there would be an "update device" button.

info that might be needed...
running SA 2.2 and Windows XP Pro Version 2002 SP3
yesterday was hardwired from laptop to amp.
today, using wireless router but amp is hardwire connected to the router while laptop is wireless.
SA shows the device as connected.

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

The "update device" button you're looking for pops up when the amp comes online.  It asks if you want to SEND or RECEIVE settings.  If you choose SEND, then if the amp is in your venue, it will send the settings from your PC to the amp.  If you choose RECEIVE, then your venue will receive the settings from the amp.

If you are online while tweaking, the changes are sent to the amp immediately.

#3 ampnation

ampnation
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Oct 21 2010, 08:55 AM) View Post
The "update device" button you're looking for pops up when the amp comes online.  It asks if you want to SEND or RECEIVE settings.  If you choose SEND, then if the amp is in your venue, it will send the settings from your PC to the amp.  If you choose RECEIVE, then your venue will receive the settings from the amp.

If you are online while tweaking, the changes are sent to the amp immediately.

I have gotten the dialog about 3 times with send and receive options. Pretty sure I've always hit send. The thing is, it tells me it detects the device but then the send/receive dialog does not appear. Also it tells me the device is offline.  How is detected, but offline?  I keep getting the network troubleshooting dialog and I just now discovered I had entered the IP address wrong, using a 1 in the third set instead of 0. Fixing this didn't seem to solve my connectivity problem though.

Am I right that this looks like a case of very limited connectivity with a periodic success causing the send/receive dialog to appear? There's enough connectivity to allow it to detect the device, but not enough for it to bring it online or complete a data transfer most of the time? I've had it connected via ethernet cable for about an hour I'm guessing right now and keep getting the Network Troubleshooter (which seems to be a one trick pony looking for things including a DHCP server which I don't have and then telling me to put in the IP and subnet addresses which of course are now done.

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:54 AM

Is the iTech the only device on the network?  Sounds like your woes are caused by the amp dropping offline.

Here are some suggestions:

* turn off DHCP on the amp and router
* set all subnet masks (PC, amp, router) to 255.255.0.0
* set the gateway address of the amp to the IP address of the router
* make the 1st and 2nd IP number (also called an octet) the same on everything (169.254.x.x or 192.168.x.x are commonly used)
* make the 1st, 2nd and 3rd octets the same on router & amp
* make the 3rd octet different on the PC
* make the 4th octet different on eveything
* don't use zeroes in the octets
* disable the Network Troubleshooting Wizard in the options