XTI Linking

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lastcat

lastcat
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:01 AM

I have Bandmanager installed and running great. I can hookup to any of the three XTI amps I have and get full functions in Bandmanager. But, I see in the Video Tutorials, by Bradford, how he has 7 amps hooked up.

I see online too, people using Bandmanager, and they have a rack full of amps showing.

So I get an XLR and go from the Out/Link from one amp, and then into the Input of the next amp. Open Bandmanager...Nothing mad.gif  Only 1 of the 3 amps I have, are showing in BM.

Maybe I have it hooked up wrong. I swap directions...Still Nothing....!!!! mad.gif mad.gif  

I read the pdf Manual, search Google and Yahoo. Did a search here on how to Link Multiple Amps. Nothing, not a single Drawing, direction, anything out there showing how to hook up more than one amp, and view them in Bandmanager.

I challenge anyone to do a search through Google and the Manuals, you won't find anything, anywhere, on how to hook up more than one XTI amp. You won't find anything. Not a picture, drawing, diag, note, instructions...nadda.

Anyone been lucky and actually had more than one amp, showing in BM? mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif  

LC

#2 lastcat

lastcat
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

Got an Idea! This?

With 3 of these?

#3 lastcat

lastcat
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

So the link/out in the back of each amp. Say I run my Mackie 1604 VLZ, Stereo to a single XTI 4000, then link/out from this amp to another XTI 4000. Will this send the full signal from the board to both amps?

The first XTi 4000 will run the Main Speakers, and then the second XTi 4000 will run the Subs. Correct? I am I on to something? Come one, you of you guys reading this should have an answer, don't be leaving the new guy hanging here. Or are you just looking for something to read? 20 Views, and not one answer.  

Geesh! This might take a few weeks.

LC

#4 lastcat

lastcat
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

Just talked to Kip by phone, got it!!

Just like my post above. Must use the USB Hub, and 2.0 USB Cables. Hook up the USB Hub to my Laptop, then using a 2.0 USB Cable, hook each amp into the Hub. Fire up Bandmanager.  Each amp should be recognized in BM.

Link/Out ~ just as I thought. Send the Signal from my Mixing Board to one Amp. Then send the signal from this amp to the next amp, using a Female XLR/Male XLR cable. The signal will go to both amps. Then I can set the crossover points for the first amp (Mains) and set the crossover for the second amp (Subs).

Lastcat

#5 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for posting your personal journey through this issue.  Hopefully others will be able to learn from it.

#6 lastcat

lastcat
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:44 PM

Hey no problem, always willing to Help. Funny how a days worth of study can result in one's own solutions... laugh.gif

Now, onto Wireless transmission over 100'

LC