Please Help! My first Crown amp and Speaker tuning...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:29 PM

Hey,

I just purchased a Crown XTI 2000 that is going to run two JBL MRX 515's.  I downloaded the System Architect software 2.2, and have been exploring it ever since.  Here's the problem...I have no idea how to tune my JBL speakers to this Crown Amp.  I'm not running a sub, so I would assume crossovers aren't important?  I found some EQ settings to download from JBL, but how do I transfer them over to the System Architect software and then to my amp?  Basically, what is the step by step process of what you would do if you had this setup.  I really love the software but have no idea how it works, and I've had trouble finding instructions I could understand.  Thanks in advance!

Cole

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

What format are the EQ settings from JBL?   SA 2.2 gives you a device file, located in the My Documents/Harman Pro/ folder, for the MRX series, but it appears to just be a highpass filter.

If you are live/online with your amp and tweaking in SA, the settings are being updated in the amp.  If you are offline, just go online and choose "SEND SETTINGS" when it finds the amp.