basic EQ settings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RUBASU

RUBASU
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

I am new to the forum and have a couple of questions.  I help out with the local churchs band and we are running what seems to me to be a pretty basic setup.  We are running two XTI 1000 amps one for the left side of the church and the other for the right side.  the amp are pusing one jbl jrx 115 and one jbl jrx 18 inch sub. the amps are being fed through an allen and heath zed 22fx mixing board. we are trying to get everything setup and sounding as good as possible.  I used band manager and installed the jbl presets into each of the amps but these only seem to set the crossover point and what I was hoping to get were some basic settings for the onboard eqs in the amps that I could use as a starting point or if there is a file available that would setup the eq as well as the crossover points in the amps.  thanks in advance for any help and it is much appreciated.  

P.s if it is relevant we have at any given time the following instruments on the stage.  drums, 2 guitars, bass guitar piano, and violin, and two singers. thanks again

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

JBL supplies the presets, and the crossover point was all they gave us.  I would suggest tweaking the EQ by ear.

#3 RUBASU

RUBASU
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

yeha that was what I figured I was just hoping for a site that may have badic settings to start with and then tweak from there.  thanks