CE2000 Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nay-Sayer

Nay-Sayer
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

This amp powers up fine and without issue when no speakers are connected to it's outputs. However, with speakers connected, the fault lights blink continuously.  Speakers and speaker wires were tested good on another amp.

Any ideas?

Thanks

#2 tcko

tcko
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(Nay-Sayer @ Mar 25 2010, 10:19 AM) View Post
This amp powers up fine and without issue when no speakers are connected to it's outputs. However, with speakers connected, the fault lights blink continuously.  Speakers and speaker wires were tested good on another amp.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What I'm thinking is that after so many clips that the relay gets weak and can be tripped with any tiny signal, I have a CE1000 just started doing the same thing and I'm wondering why you haven't received any answer yet?

#3 kevvywevvywoo

kevvywevvywoo

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

Is there any kind of DC offset?

#4 Palpilg

Palpilg
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

I've got the exact same issue with a CE2000.  Should investigate it in the next week or so.

#5 Lou

Lou

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

I agree with Kevywevywho.
Get a VOM and check for DC on the speaker terminals without a speaker connected.
It should read zero or very very low.

#6 Tom Lureman

Tom Lureman

Network Newbie

• Admin
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

Hmm it's hard to say, but generally when fault lights are continuously on, there is an internal fault in the unit and would need to be looked at.  When no speakers are connected and signal is applied to the input, do the fault lights come on?  When speakers are connected with no signal on the input, do the fault lights come on?  Is the amp in bridge or dual mode?