Build Venue offline

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wavesponge

Wavesponge
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

What is the best way to build a venue offline.  I have been asked to build a venue in System Architect which we will then load on the clients computer to use in their new theater.  My experience in the past has been that as soon as I actually connect to the system network, System Architect will populate the venue with duplicate devices.  How do I remove these and assign my "offline" devices to the actual devces that are in the theater, in this case JBL 4888DP-AN's?  Also what is the best way to locate and assign the correct JBL boxes to the array's that I built offline?

#2 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

Good question.  The best procedure is this:

1) design the whole venue offline (drag devices into the venue manually)
2) start a fresh (new/blank) venue file and connect to each amp/device one at a time to set the name/IP/HiQnet addresses
3) once the amps/devices are named and addressed with the same names and addresses you assigned in the offline venue file from step#1, now load up that venue file and go online with the amps/devices.  The software should reconcile everything automatically at this point.

#3 Wavesponge

Wavesponge
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Mar 15 2010, 01:23 PM) View Post
Good question.  The best procedure is this:

1) design the whole venue offline (drag devices into the venue manually)
2) start a fresh (new/blank) venue file and connect to each amp/device one at a time to set the name/IP/HiQnet addresses
3) once the amps/devices are named and addressed with the same names and addresses you assigned in the offline venue file from step#1, now load up that venue file and go online with the amps/devices.  The software should reconcile everything automatically at this point.

Thanks, that's a great idea. I know I can set hiQnet adresses but can I also set ip's offline?
And, next question. Does the locate function work with drive packs?  The array is already flown and it would be nice to verify the array boxes.
Thanks for the suggestions!

#4 Kevin Heber

Kevin Heber

Power User

• Crown Staff
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

There isn't a way to do IP offline, just HiQnet as you note.

Not sure about the DrivePack Locate, I will try to find out for you.

#5 Wavesponge

Wavesponge
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(Kevin Heber @ Mar 16 2010, 09:22 PM) View Post
There isn't a way to do IP offline, just HiQnet as you note.

Not sure about the DrivePack Locate, I will try to find out for you.

Thanks for the help. Yes, the locate does work on the drivepacks. It's on the back; an amber blinking led. They could make it more obvious. It's hard to see when the array is flown.