Easy Questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patrickm36

patrickm36
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:52 PM

I'm getting ready to change from USP2 to USP 3,  All sound systems are programmed onto all amps, 1st, is there an easy way to copy those settings so i don't have to manually enter them? 2.  What IQwic version do i need to run in order to update firmware on the new USP 3's, 3rd,  the amps are used in conference settings, and we regularly use diff amps with different  speakers.  the sound is actually brought in so there would be no switcher, can i just use a crossover network cable to both monitor and change settings, and lastly if a crossover cable is ok then how many amps can be monitored before you need a switcher?   Thanks for all your help!!!

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:43 AM

In answer to your questions:

1. Is there an easy way to copy those settings so i don't have to manually enter them?
There is no direct way to copy from a USP-2 to a USP-3 they are two different devices. You will have to do it manually. However, after you get one USP-3 programmed if there are others that are using the same setup you can copy and paste from one USP-3 to another.

2. What IQwic version do i need to run in order to update firmware on the new USP 3's?
You should use the latest version IQwic 7.2 and use the TCP/IQ Utility program included in the download to update the firmware. Older versions of the software will not recognize newer versions of the firmware.

3. Can i just use a crossover network cable to both monitor and change settings, and lastly if a crossover cable is ok then how many amps can be monitored before you need a switcher?
In network operations a crossover cable is only used between one network device and another. For example: a computer to another computer or a computer to an IQ device. The new Ethernet devices do not loop together like the older legacy current loop system did. If you are doing more than one network device you need to have a centralized connection point for all the devices to hub off of and this would be a Network Switch.

When connecting to a Network Switch standard cat5 cables are required not crossover cables. Once everything is connected to the switch (and everything is addressed properly) the software will allow you to both control and monitor the IQ system components.

#3 patrickm36

patrickm36
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:19 AM

Thank you very much for the info!! And quick too!! biggrin.gif  I'm doing this today so i'll probably be back, thanks again!!