IQWIC control page examples

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 paultucci

paultucci
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:49 PM

Are there examples of IQWIC control page layouts available?  I am specifically looking for a touring rig application  with IQ control of ITech amps using the internal DSP as xovers/ delay/ mute functions etc. I want to make something scalable.  (8-50 amplifiers) Rather than reinvent the wheel, I thought maybe I could steal some ideas. Naturally, I'd be willing to post my work in return.

PT

#2 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:21 PM

Paul,

We don't have any examples as everyone likes to do it a little different. Anything we do have was designed job specific and is the intellectual property of the system owner.

Sorry sad.gif

You could however look at the IQ application files we have on the web site for some basic examples of .wiq Dataframe files.

#3 daryn_toronto

daryn_toronto
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:10 PM

I am having troubles making a custom control page.

I want to emulate a sample one I got here in the forums (under labelling), and make a button that will open up a certain device.

I can't figure out which "Eligible Component Control" to select to get the "Open Control Panel for ..." to show up.

What am I missing?

P.S. I'm trying to do this in version 4.1 because upgrades scare me.
Is it just a version problem?

#4 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(daryn_toronto @ Jul 21 2005, 01:10 PM)
I am having troubles making a custom control page.

I want to emulate a sample one I got here in the forums (under labelling), and make a button that will open up a certain device.

I can't figure out which "Eligible Component Control" to select to get the "Open Control Panel for ..." to show up.

What am I missing?

P.S. I'm trying to do this in version 4.1 because upgrades scare me.
Is it just a version problem?
View Post

Since you are looking at doing I-Techs you will need the current release IQwic 7.12.

IQwic started with version 6.0 .The only 4.1 that was available was the older IQ for Windows 4.1 and that will not work with the I-Techsl as it was for the older IQ Current Bus Loop components. Certain features and functions were not available in earlier versions of the software. We no longer support IQ for windows version 4.1.

#5 daryn_toronto

daryn_toronto
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jul 22 2005, 04:13 PM)
Since you are looking at doing I-Techs you will need the current release IQwic 7.12.

IQwic started with version 6.0 .The only 4.1 that was available was the older IQ for Windows 4.1 and that will not work with the I-Techsl as it was for the older IQ Current Bus Loop components. Certain features and functions were not available in earlier versions of the software. We no longer support IQ for windows version 4.1.
View Post

Maybe I confused the issues by not knowing the terminology
All I have is a USM-810. IQwin V4.1 is fine with it..

I have been playing with V5.1 but I'm scared to put it on my active machine..
I try to avoid doing upgrades to machines that work.

thanks though

D

#6 DGlass

DGlass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE(daryn_toronto @ Jul 22 2005, 06:01 PM)
QUOTE(DGlass @ Jul 22 2005, 04:13 PM)

View Post

Maybe I confused the issues by not knowing the terminology
All I have is a USM-810. IQwin V4.1 is fine with it..

I have been playing with V5.1 but I'm scared to put it on my active machine..
I try to avoid doing upgrades to machines that work.

thanks though

D
View Post

Daryn,

My apologies. When you jumped in on this posting and when I scanned back to see what components were in the system the original posting was on I-Tech Control Pages.

As certain features and functions were not available in earlier versions if the software, I do recommend that you use IQ for Windows 5.12 as it fixed a lot of the bugs in the older software, has features that the older software don’t and should be a transparent install.

For those of you who would like to know how this is done:

To create a custom control page make sure you are in Edit mode. Edit mode is selected from the IQ software’s main menu tool bar and is the button with the hand writing on a piece of paper (just to the left of the Yellow button with the red question mark). When this is selected a new tool bar will appear above the main Workplace window. The first button on the left, of this tool bar, will make a new control page that custom controls can be added to. After creating the new Control Page a tool bar with custom assignable controls etc. will be located at the bottom of the screen.

There are two selections here that are very similar but very different in what they do. One is a button and the other is a trigger. A button is a two state device for doing thing like turning a control function ON or OFF. The Trigger is a single state device used to recall something or engage something. The button is the tool that looks like a square with a green center and the Trigger is the square with the word “OK” written in it.

To add a custom control to the Control Screen left-click the desired control and then left-click on the control screen-about were you want it placed. In this case you would want to use a trigger to recall the Control Panel for the USM-810. After creating the Trigger right-click on it and from the popup window select “Edit Object Control List”. An “Object control List Editor” will open. In the upper left hand corner will be a list of all the devices connected to the IQ system. Select the component(s) desired to be controlled. In the middle of this Editor window will be a small window with a drop down arrow. Select the arrow, to open the drop down list, and select “Open Selected Control Panels”  
to have it added to the “Object Control List”. Close the Editor.

Note: any custom control object on a Control page can be viewed to what it is controlling by simply being in Edit Mode, right-clicking on it and selecting “Edit Object Control List”. What is being controlled will be listed in the “Object Control List”.

Close Edit mode by deselecting the Edit button from the IQwin Main Menu bar and the Trigger when depressed will recall the Control Panel of the selected device(s).

I hope this helps

#7 daryn_toronto

daryn_toronto
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE(DGlass @ Jul 25 2005, 10:53 AM)
I do recommend that you use IQ for Windows 5.12 as it fixed a lot of the bugs in the older software, has features that the older software don’t and should be a transparent install.
I hope this helps
View Post

Thanks a lot Dave...

I hate upgrading software that works, I'll think about if this functionality is necessary..

If I upgradge and hate it, can I reinstall my 4.1??

Maybe I'll buy a new laptop and put it on that.

Thanks again